- We are Presbyterian, yet our first allegiance is to Christ’s gospel of universal love.
- We are Christ centered, yet we respect and learn from all religions of love.
- We affirm the ancient symbols of our faith, yet we strive to speak a new language that includes all people and affirms the scientific discoveries of our day.
- We hope to teach children the stories of the Bible without sectarian dogma.
- We strive to be a close, nurturing community, yet we welcome all people into our midst.
- We wish to live in inner peace, yet hear God’s call to work for peace and for universal human rights.
- We take faith seriously, yet believe the journey should be fun. We celebrate life in many artistic forms.
We believe in universal equality, therefore we use inclusive, egalitarian language in all our activities, and encourage its use elsewhere.
Dress & Culture: St. Andrew’s reflects the Austin community, with a ‘business casual’ atmosphere during Sunday services. We are less formal than many churches and prefer to maintain an atmosphere that’s a welcoming home to all.
Our Mission Statement
The mission of St Andrew’s Presbyterian Church is to learn
and teach the radical and universal love of Jesus Christ by:
Nurturing individual spirituality and growth,
Fostering a community that shares and celebrates the circle of life
Providing space and time for personal and communal reverence
Championing the cause of human-kind and courageously acting to overcome injustice