Our Congregational Nurse (Donna Rutherford, RN) provides a healing ministry that helps support and fulfill the physical, emotional, and spiritual needs of our congregation. She is a volunteer on staff, our nurse minister.
Happy New Year! The holidays are over and it’s time to get healthy.
The January articles are on the bulletin board located in the hallway. There are several ideas for healthy, easy meal prep and other articles on blood pressure, cataract surgery, help for snoring, migraines, colds and flu etc. There is also poetry from Mark Nepo, words from Rabbi Rami Shapiro, InterSpiritual style and a reflection on Joy from Joyce Rupp. Please share with friends and family.
Flu Shot, Flu Shot, Flu Shot……still time to get one. The flu will be arriving any day now. If you think you do not need one, talk to someone who has had the flu and you might re-consider your decision. You CANNOT get the flu from the vaccine. If you live with someone who might be vulnerable i.e. elderly, pre-existing conditions etc. it is even more important to get the vaccine. The only reason NOT to get the vaccine is if you are allergic to eggs!
Blessings to all this new year.
Services and Duties of the Congregational Nurse
– a health and wellness educator
– a health and wellness counselor
– a community liaison and personal advocate
– a member of the Pastoral Care Team
All conversations and records are strictly confidential. All records are secure. No one else has access to the records of the congregational nurse.
Her duties include:
- Meeting individually with clients in the home, church, or hospital to provide holistic care and support.
- Advocating for clients in the health system.
- Promoting health education.
- Providing health screening and monitoring, as with our First Sunday Blood Pressure Screenings.
- Assessing the needs of the congregation and establishing programs to meet these needs.
- Assisting in locating resources for the community.
The Congregational Nurse does not give direct hands-on treatment but helps to empower and enable clients in their healing journey.
Contact Nurse Donna Rutherford