Our Congregational Nurse (Donna Rutherford, RN) provides a healing ministry that helps support and fulfill the physical, emotional, and spiritual needs of our congregation. She is a volunteer on staff, our nurse minister.
Donna serves our congregation as:
- a health and wellness educator
- a health and wellness counselor
- a community liaison and personal advocate
- a member of the Pastoral Care Team
All conversations and records are strictly confidential. All records are secure. No one else has access to the records of the congregational nurse.
Her duties include:
- Meeting individually with clients in the home, church, or hospital to provide holistic care and support.
- Advocating for clients in the health system.
- Promoting health education.
- Providing health screening and monitoring, as with our First Sunday Blood Pressure Screenings.
- Assessing the needs of the congregation and establishing programs to meet these needs.
- Assisting in locating resources for the community.
The Congregational Nurse does not give direct hands-on treatment but helps to empower and enable clients in their healing journey.
Contact Nurse Donna Rutherford