Celebrating 10 years of live music performances that explore the intersection of Art, Spirituality, and Activism!
Yes, it’s true. 2015 will be the tenth year of Open Ears Concerts at St. Andrew’s Presbyterian Church. In honor of this occasion, here are some Open Ears fun facts:
- Our first concert was held on October 9, 2005 and the proceeds benefitted people displaced by Hurricane Katrina.
- We present diverse genres and styles of music in an alcohol free, family friendly, listening room environment.
- Open Ears Concerts has presented over 60 shows and over 150 artists.
- Unless otherwise stated below, doors open and potluck starts at 6 pm. Shows start at 7 pm. There is a $15 suggested donation, but no one will be turned away. All ages are welcome. Children under 12 are free.
- Open Ears Concerts is self-sustaining via ticket sales and an annual fundraising event. No operational funds from St. Andrew’s are used toward the concerts, but the concerts have contributed to sound system improvements for the church.
- Several St. Andrew’s members and regular visitors first became aware of St. Andrew’s by attending a concert.
- Open Ears performers have included recipients of Grammy, Country Music Association, Americana Music Association, Juno (Canada), Meteor (Ireland), and ARIA (Australia) music awards, as well as a finalist on NBC’s The Voice and an Austin Film Festival Audience Award winner.
- This year’s series promises to be the best yet, with several inspiring artists already booked, a renewed focus on the Activism portion of our mission, and potential expansion into visual arts events.
- You may want to save these dates:
David Roth strikes many chords, hearts, and minds with his unique songs, offbeat observations, moving stories, sense of the hilarious, and powerful singing and subject matter. As singer, songwriter, recording artist, keynote speaker, workshop leader, and instructor, David has earned top honors at premier songwriter competitions – Kerrville (TX) and Falcon Ridge (NY) – and taken his music, experience, and expertise to a wide variety of venues in this and other countries full-time for more than two decades.
David returns to Open Ears after six years away, and we couldn’t be happier about it. This is sure to be an inspirational and uplifting evening of music and fellowship.
May 16: Broadway Comes to Wells Branch
The St. Andrew’s Choir performs a selection of favorites from Broadway musicals. Fabulous food and fun for all!
July 18: Susan Herndon CD Release Show
with special guest D.C. Bloom