Yes, it’s true. 2015 will be the tenth year of Open Ears Concerts at St. Andrew’s Presbyterian Church. In honor of this occasion, here are some Open Ears fun facts:
- Our first concert was held on October 9, 2005 and the proceeds benefitted people displaced by Hurricane Katrina.
- We present diverse genres and styles of music in an alcohol free, family friendly, listening room environment.
- Open Ears Concerts has presented over 60 shows and over 150 artists.
- Unless otherwise stated below, doors open and potluck starts at 6 pm. Shows start at 7 pm. There is a $15 suggested donation, but no one will be turned away. All ages are welcome. Children under 12 are free.
- Open Ears Concerts is self-sustaining via ticket sales and an annual fundraising event. No operational funds from St. Andrew’s are used toward the concerts, but the concerts have contributed to sound system improvements for the church.
- Several St. Andrew’s members and regular visitors first became aware of St. Andrew’s by attending a concert.
- Open Ears performers have included recipients of Grammy, Country Music Association, Americana Music Association, Juno (Canada), Meteor (Ireland), and ARIA (Australia) music awards, as well as a finalist on NBC’s The Voice and an Austin Film Festival Audience Award winner.
- This year’s series promises to be the best yet, with several inspiring artists already booked, a renewed focus on the Activism portion of our mission, and potential expansion into visual arts events.
- You may want to save these dates:
Saturday August 22: Tenth Annual St. Andrew’s Variety Show
Whether you are a singer, instrumentalist, poet, actor, dancer, storyteller, jokester, puppeteer, magician, mime, or other, the St. Andrew’s Variety Show is an exciting opportunity to share your gift and experience the joy of entertaining (and being entertained by) others. We will have potluck snacks/dinner starting at 6:00 PM. The show starts at 7:00 PM. Admission is Free! We are seeking performers and volunteers to help with setup and cleanup. To sign up, please contact Matt Hiland (email@example.com).